Thursday, April 30, 2015

Earth's Best Organic Sensitivity Formula

Just like many moms I had these great high hopes that I would be able to breastfeed my son until it was time to switch to cows milk. Unfortunately that did not happen for me. When my son was four months old my supply dropped to next to nothing; I was only producing around one ounce every four hours. My son is a big eater and that was not nearly enough for my little piggy. At this point he was eating between five and seven ounces every two to three hours.
I ended up doing something I really didn't want to and introduced formula, and he was just happy to have lots of milk in his tummy again. We introduced the gentle version of one of the big leading brands of formula and it worked and as scary as this is for me to say it agreed with his stomach more then my breast milk did. He was still spitting up a lot and all of the time, and one day my mom and i got to talking are started wondering if it was a lactose sensitivity/intolerance considering my husband and I both have lactose sensitivity. We decided to try a lactose reduced formula because I refuse to use soy formula due to the synthetic estrogen that exists in soy and I don't want to give my son estrogen. This change was the best decision I made. He barely spits up at all now. From the first time I introduced formula I was worried about all of the things that are and could be in the formula that I was giving my son. Considering all of the purees and solids I was giving my son at the time were organic I could not seem to figure out why I was not focusing on giving him organic formula considering it was his biggest food source. I was so happy to find this organic formula that was actually affordable. Most of the organic formula you have to pay an arm and a leg for, and we just could not afford this. To make this formula even more affordable we joined amazon mom and purchased on subscribe and save and it saved us around $5 a can over purchasing at a local retailer. I am so happy with this formula that if I ever have another child and have the same difficulty with my milk supply again you can bet I will be reaching straight for the Earths Best formula. 

1 comment:

  1. We also have very good experience with this formula. I started giving it to LO when my milk supply dropped extremely. At that time he was only 4 months old and I felt horrible for being forced to feed him formula since I imagined that I would be able to breastfeed for as long as needed. Luckily, my husband and I bumped into this website called www.myorganicformula.com where all reliable organic formulas are offered and found that the products of Earth's Best were among the ones which are most affordable for our family. We went for the formula with reduced lactose because of the added iron which is very important for babies at this age. The LO loves the formula and tolerates it very well.

    ReplyDelete